Comments that gratuitously attack or demean individuals or organizations are not acceptable. Comments flagged by readers will be reviewed by a moderator. Errors of fact can be reported directly to the Editor via the ‘Report an Error’ tab at the top of each story page.
- Harassing and stalking people or personal attacks of any kind are not tolerated. Users who violate this guideline may be banned.
- Show respect for the beliefs of others by treating them as you would want them to treat you.
- Racist, sexist, homophobic and otherwise discriminatory and offensive language will not be tolerated.
- Swearing, name-calling, and otherwise abusive language is unacceptable.
- Be relevant. Comments unrelated to the topic being discussed may be deleted.
- Don’t rush to judgment. Comments that are defamatory or otherwise falsely harmful to the reputation of others are not acceptable. Don't make statements of fact you can't back up in a court of law.
- There is zero tolerance for pornography, sexually explicit content and depictions of graphic or gratuitous violence. We will report child exploitation to the police.
- Inciting anyone to commit a crime may itself be a crime. Don’t do it.
- Refrain from commenting about criminal cases before the courts. Canadian judges have little tolerance for it, as do we.
- Do not infringe anyone's intellectual property, including by posting content you've copied from elsewhere.
- Do not use the comment section to advertise products or services. Buy an ad!
- Do not impersonate others. Do not use the personal information or image of another person without their consent.
- Finally, don’t flag comments just because you disagree with them; flag them because they violate these principles. Users who abuse this privilege may be banned.
This 37-year-old single mom is $161,000 in debt and only makes $48,000. She has goals to send her son to university and save for retirement, but is that possible?
He agreed to be executor of an estate — it cost him seven years of his life and $100,000
5 poisonous plants of Southern Ontario you should avoid
Top 9 creepiest bugs in Ontario
Windsor Police investigating two weekend alcohol-related collisions
Windsor Police arrest Belle River man dangerous driving incident involving motorcycle
Windsor's most wanted as of June 1, 2020
Woman assaulted near riverfront, Windsor Police investigating
ACF announces 'Believe in Amherstburg Initiative' recipients
Amherstburg Community Foundation president Richard Peddie and its board of directors announced Wednesday, June 3 the Amherstburg organizations selected for...
U.S. protests reading list: Three powerful recent books by Black authors
These three books will change the way you perceive the world when you read them. Amidst worldwide protests against police...
Toronto Star bestsellers for the week ending June 6, 2020
Porsche unveils Targa 4/4S model for 2021
Get 'INvolved' with Family Respite Services
Critics honour Toronto’s best theatre — lockdown or no lockdown
Music therapist’s siren song draws seniors and others out of their shell
How to maintain your yard during summer
TOP STORIES, delivered to your inbox.