Comments that gratuitously attack or demean individuals or organizations are not acceptable. Comments flagged by readers will be reviewed by a moderator. Errors of fact can be reported directly to the Editor via the ‘Report an Error’ tab at the top of each story page.
- Harassing and stalking people or personal attacks of any kind are not tolerated. Users who violate this guideline may be banned.
- Show respect for the beliefs of others by treating them as you would want them to treat you.
- Racist, sexist, homophobic and otherwise discriminatory and offensive language will not be tolerated.
- Swearing, name-calling, and otherwise abusive language is unacceptable.
- Be relevant. Comments unrelated to the topic being discussed may be deleted.
- Don’t rush to judgment. Comments that are defamatory or otherwise falsely harmful to the reputation of others are not acceptable. Don't make statements of fact you can't back up in a court of law.
- There is zero tolerance for pornography, sexually explicit content and depictions of graphic or gratuitous violence. We will report child exploitation to the police.
- Inciting anyone to commit a crime may itself be a crime. Don’t do it.
- Refrain from commenting about criminal cases before the courts. Canadian judges have little tolerance for it, as do we.
- Do not infringe anyone's intellectual property, including by posting content you've copied from elsewhere.
- Do not use the comment section to advertise products or services. Buy an ad!
- Do not impersonate others. Do not use the personal information or image of another person without their consent.
- Finally, don’t flag comments just because you disagree with them; flag them because they violate these principles. Users who abuse this privilege may be banned.
What's the difference between a licensed and an unlicensed daycare?
5 poisonous plants of Southern Ontario you should avoid
Canada's cottage country a big attraction for celebrities
Take the stress out of the Canadian Mortgage Stress Test
How do Ontario’s lockdown rules compare to those around the world? 3 graphics that explain that and who is ‘flattening the curve’ right now
Heather Scoffield: Pandemic recovery plan or campaign platform? With her fiscal update, Chrystia Freeland delivers both
Bruce Arthur: Positive COVID tests at Thorncliffe Park school might tell us something. The Ontario government’s reaction might tell us more
Susan Delacourt: Justin Trudeau’s plan is long on promises and short on details. Why is his government leaving so much unsaid?
10 seriously stylish gifts from BIPOC-owned brands
Getting something nice for someone is great. But getting them something that also does good in the world is better....
First Drive - 2021 Toyota Sienna
It’s an unspoken rule that buying a minivan is a rite of passage of sorts, the end of youthful freedom...
Ask David: Improving your credit score, and more real estate news
This ‘older millennial’ who makes $105,000 a year is wondering if he’ll ever be able to buy a house in Toronto or if he’ll be renting forever. What should he do?
New calendar draws on lessons from psychology to make your days a little happier in 2021
Arkells’ new Christmas single ‘Pub Crawl’ takes listeners on band’s annual tour of their hometown’s watering holes
If you can pick up some pizza dough, we’ve got 8 ideas (that aren’t pizza) to make something delicious
In ‘Stella Atlantis’ author Susan Perly shows she knows her stuff. But you’ll want to keep your phone nearby
TOP STORIES, delivered to your inbox.