With the final episode of The Colbert Report airing Thursday, we present an imperfect list of great moments from the show.
1. Colbert makes President George W. Bush uncomfortable at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner.
2. After Daft Punk cancels their appearance because Viacom - parent company of both MTV and Comedy Central, which airs The Colbert Report - wants them to perform their hit "Get Lucky" first on the MTV Video Music Awards, Colbert goes ahead and produces his own "Get Lucky" segment that includes, among others, Henry Kissinger, Jeff Bridgets and Matt Damon. (Clip starts around 1:26).
3. Colbert makes a January 2007 appearance on The O’Reilly Factor on which O’Reilly jokingly tells his Fox News audience that Colbert owes all his success to him.
4. Colbert and Jon Stewart hold the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear in Washington. Its purpose never becomes clear, but it draws an estimated 215,000 people.
5. Colbert discovers Dewitos, a drink that combines Mountain Dew and Doritos.
6. Colbert launches a real super PAC called Americans for a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow. It reportedly raises more than a million dollars.
7. After the Ottawa shooting, Colbert praises Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Vickers and sings his own version of “O Canada.”
8. Colbert takes on drug companies that combine different medicines to avoid patent rules.
9. Colbert travels to Iraq where, in front of American troops, President Obama orders that his head be shaved.
10. In this promo for an early version of the Colbert Report, he explains how on his next show, “He’ll give it good, to some guy”.