Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau has expelled MPs Scott Andrews and Massimo Pacetti over allegations of “personal misconduct” with two members of Parliament.
Here are some biographical facts about each MP.
1. Liberal MP for the riding of Avalon in northern Newfoundland and Labrador.
2. Married Susan Mosher in 2002. They have two sons, Malcolm and Issac
3. He was elected as an MP in 2008 and re-elected in 2011.
4. He is the Liberal Party Critic for Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics.
5. He raised questions in the Commons about the ethics of a 2010 vacation that then defence minister Peter MacKay took at a Newfoundland fishing camp.
1. Liberal MP for Saint-Léonard-Saint-Michel, Quebec.
2. He was first elected in a byelection in 2002 for the seat held by Alfonso Gagliano, who resigned as minister of public works during the sponsorship scandal.
3. He sought an official apology and restitution from Parliament in 2010 for the internment of Italian-Canadians during World War II.
4. In 2012, he proposed an income-tax deduction for Canadians who vacation in Canada.
5. His committee work includes Vice-Chair of the Standing Committee on International Trade.