With your time at an all-time premium, sometimes it just doesn't make sense to go to a gym when you could have one right at home for you to use when you want. You don't have to mortgage your house or rent another apartment to put a gym inside it either. There are some great affordable home gym options for any space to get you into shape and keep you there.
Whether you have a dedicated room in mind or need to move some furniture when you work out, here's 5 essential cardio and strength training options for your own home gym.
1. Treadmill: The popular and versatile treadmill allows you to walk, run or both, and is a must for your cardio training. You can also look for a good used one at a great price. Treadmills allow you to continue towards your exercise goals when Mother Nature seems to have other plans. If a treadmill is too big for your space, consider a smaller exercise bike as an option.
2. Portable Stair Climber: Small and easily storable, this compact piece of equipment is perfect for smaller spaces. Besides giving your legs a great workout, some come with resistance bands to also work on your arms.
3. Exercise Mat: Whether you are doing push-ups, sit-ups or any floor workout, a thick padded mat will help keep you going.
4. Dumbbells: With a variety of ways to use them in spaces big or small, a good set of rubber coated dumbbells is an invaluable investment.
5. Pull Up Bar: As long as you have a doorway and are ready to give your arms and back a serious workout, a pull up bar is a great addition to round out your cardio/strength training home gym.
Now you have a great home gym. All you need now is your favourite workout music or instructional Youtube videos! Being able to work out at home will save you time and money. It offers privacy and is open 24/7. Regardless of how you do it, always be sure to stretch and warm up before any intense workout, and good luck achieving your fitness goals!